Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic Surgery) in Charleston County, SC
What Is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery, or cosmetic surgery, refers to the enhancement, augmentation, or alteration of someone’s physical appearance. Any surgical procedure that aims to change the way someone looks can be considered plastic surgery. Some of the most common body parts targeted by plastic surgery include the breasts, face, and abdomen. We offer effective cosmetic surgeries to treat almost all areas of the body.
Plastic surgery can vary greatly. Some procedures take only a half hour and require no downtime, while other surgeries require more intense preparation and recovery. There are also many variations in the reasons people choose to undergo plastic surgery. There are three main reasons for plastic surgery: Reconstruction after trauma or injury, to promote a more youthful appearance, or to the change the proportions of the body.
Benefits of Cosmetic Surgery
Plastic surgery offers many benefits, with each patient experiencing different advantages and improvements in their life. Some of the most rewarding procedures for patients include the following scenarios:
- After losing weight, the excess pockets of fat and skin resistant to diet and exercise have now been permanently removed.
- After pregnancy, childbirth and nursing, mothers experience a rejuvenation, which can include breast enhancement, losing excess skin or tummy fat, and a vaginal rejuvenation.
- Following an image-altering accident or injury, our surgeons can restore one’s previous experience.
- After being unhappy with the proportions of one’s face or body, the patient’s “ideal” proportions are finally achieved.
- The hands of time are reversed to reveal a more youthful, fresh appearance.
Who Is The Ideal Candidate For Plastic Surgery?
If you find yourself relating to one or more of the scenarios above, you are a candidate for plastic surgery. If you are considering plastic surgery to improve your appearance in some way you are most likely a candidate. The best way to determine your candidacy for a specific procedure, or to learn which procedure can best help you achieve your desired results, schedule a consultation.
What Plastic Surgery Procedures are Offered?
We offer many plastic surgery treatments to meet the needs of our patients. We currently offer the following safe and effective procedures: